Tuesday 17 May 2011

Refashioned Sweater

refashioned sweater
A few weeks ago a friend donated some clothes to my family. Most of it was stuff for the boys. There was this sweater. It was long sleeved and thigh length - the sort you'd wear with leggings - it also had a cowl neck. It didn't really look great on, but I loved the colour and the fabric was soft. so out came the scissors.
I cut off the bottom of the sweater at an angle; slashed the cowl to make an asymmetric collar; shortened the sleeves. reattached the off cut - upside down to create an uneven hemline and used the sleeve off cut to make a decorative flower. to finish. I hemmed the raw edges using embroidery thread and blanket stitch. Voila - new sweater.

1 comment:

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...