Saturday, 6 October 2012

Snuggle Onesie


A few years ago we bought my daughter a Onesie, affectionately known as her sleepy suit. she had worn this most nights for bed and loved it. However, as time goes by, children grow and items of well worn clothing get too small, battered and smelly.

I promised to make her a new one and got some spotty fleece from Abakhan Fabrics (from my runners up prize from the dress factor competition). As she had just gotten taller. I decided that all I needed to do was lengthen the pattern.

I took the original apart carefully, traced the pattern pieces and added extra length by slashing the pattern at mid sleeve, mid torso and mid leg. resulting in a pattern about 15cm longer than the original, enough to give her some growing room, but not too big.

It was quick to sew up, using my overlocker for most seams, taking about two hours to sew from start to finish. I only needed to buy a new zip so it was a cheap make too.

As soon as it was finished, she put it on and that was that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...