Saturday 17 August 2013

Collette Sorbetto Variation


I discovered the Collette Sorbetto top pattern earlier this year and have made two so far. I haven't sewn for a few week after having an operation on my hip, but have just completed my first two projects for a while. I made a slip for under the crochet dress I made while I was recovering (soon to be blogged) and a third Sorbetto with the left over fabric.


This Sorbetto version has extended, Kimono style cap sleeves, which I drafted using a tutorial from Threads magazine. The front pleat and neck edge are finished with bias trim. I decided to use this beautiful red gingham trim with a picot edge, which was given to me by Helen at Grosgrain Green during the spring sewing swap. Isn't it lovely?

If you haven't already discovered the Sorbetto - it's a free pattern and can be found here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...