Sunday 30 July 2017

The Alexandra Dress - Re-issued FREE pattern



 A few years ago I attempted to do some pattern drafting and grading.

I had very little knowledge but a desire to try something new. I'd drafted a pattern and decided that I would try digitising it and grading. I used Inkscape - which is free and I found it OK to use. I've since discovered a love for Adobe Illustrator and did an online course earlier this year.

I published my Alexandra dress online and it was available on the sidebar of my blog. However a blog revamp saw me remove the link and I never got around to redoing it.

I really should revisit the pattern, but the format I drafted it in isn't compatible with Ai, so I decided to leave it as is. I've recently had a couple of emails from people who wanted to sew the pattern and I just sent it to them.  Murielle recently sent me a couple of photos of the versions that she has made and is keen to make more. she has given me permission to share her images on the blog.


She has made a couple of versions for friends and I think they look stunning.


I'm aware that this pattern may not be perfect, but Murielle was happy with the drafting and found it easy to sew. You might also want to have a go - after all it's a free pattern and it's certainly something summery (although I often wear one of my versions with leggings and a cardy in winter). Get the pattern Here.

If you do have a go - tag your make #alexandradresspattern on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...