Friday 30 December 2011

Ni Hao...

by Vic Chapple
...the greeting that my Hubby and eldest will be hearing for the next few weeks!
They arrived in Beijing today -upgrade on the flight out :), lost baggage for my son :(

They are off to do a team with International China Concern after spending a few days in Beijing. I wish I was with them. I love visiting China with it's massive contrasts. Good stuff and bad (like everywhere). I really hope it's a great experience for my son and some good bonding time for the two of them - oh and I hope he gets his pants back soon!

Via Sweet Sassafras
I've been thinking about what I'm going to do creatively over the next year. I have a list, Are you ready?
  • Avoid buying new clothes unless necessary - so that means self made, thrifted and refashioned.
  • Make items from Pattern Magic.
  • Make movie inspired outfits (see previous post).
  • Make the bridesmaid dresses for my friends wedding.
  • Make the wedding dress of another friend.
  • Create more art - painting.
  • Create clothing inspired by my art or wearable art.
  • Get better at taking photos!
Egress - Claire Cooper
Can I manage all this? Who knows?
All I know that as I go into 2012 life looks very different from how it did a year ago. I'm a different person, and despite there being some big unknowns this year I'm looking forward to it.
I'm open to a new challenge and to seeing where God leads John & I and the family - whatever that may involve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...