Saturday 21 January 2012

Bias dress fail!

So I shared yesterday how the refashion was going. all was going well, I'd stabilised all the seams, neck and arms. Bit of a faff, but it did the job; I made a successful keyhole at the back neck, made up the dress...
It just didn't quite work. I can't quite put my finger on whats not right. I just don't like it!

Could it be that it was bias cut to begin with?
It was a hideous fabric to work with - polyester Georgette outer and slippy fine knit lining.
One learns from one's experiences I suppose.

So after hours of unpicking, and resewing it's back in the stash. (for now anyway)

Look out for me attempting re-upholstery in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...