Monday 2 July 2012

...and I have, like, this great big pile of stuff to complete...

So I haven't been posting much about some of the sewing I've been doing recently. I look at my blog posts and think - I haven't done much; but I have! I spent most of last week making 3 corselettes for bridesmaid dresses, checking fit and adding the boning, zips and linings. I am now starting on the shell dresses, now I know that the foundations fit well and I'm hoping to have all but the hems completed this week. The skirts are bias cut and need to hang a little before hemming to ensure an even hem.

I am also developing a design for a grooms coat and trousers. I've never done this before and I'm finding it quite stressful. I'm also making his wife to be's wedding dress, and I have that all planned. I just haven't ever sewn for men and I'm really nervous about mucking it up. The design has a distinct historical influence, I just hope I can do it justice. So it anyone out there can offer any advice on sewing dress pants and coats for men I'd be very grateful.

I will post photos of all creations once the big day arrives. Now - to find something for me to wear to the weddings. Have I got time to make something or is it going to be something from my wardrobe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...