Saturday 2 March 2013

Saturday kitchen

I've had a frustrating day where the simple sewing I was doing took way too long to get right - to the point where I threw it in the bin and started again.

The cooking, however, was a success!
I made Baozifan for lunch. This is a steamed rice dish cooked in a ceramic pot on the hob.

Boil your rice for 5 minutes and drain. While this is cooking heat your ceramic dish with a teaspoon of oil, and prepare the meat and veg. Slice a selection of veg thinly. Today I used courgette, celery, spring onions, peppers and chopped pak choi. If you wish add meat. Cooked ham or chicken works well. I used bacon today. But often I use tofu as well. I then add a glug of oyster sauce and a heaped teaspoon of black bean and chilli sauce. And give it a good mix.
Put the drained rice in the ceramic pot. Top with the veg and meat. Clamp on the lid. Turn the heat to its lowest setting and leave for 1hr. Serve ( I like mine with a poached or fried egg).

For tea we made chicken pizzas. Instead of a bread base, flatten chicken breast with a rolling pin. Top with roasted tomatoes, mozzarella, olives and basil and cook in the oven for about 15 mins. Serve with potato wedges and salad. Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Both meals sound delicious - but the idea of chicken pizzas really grabbed me! Will definitely be trying that one out soon! Thanks.

    Isobel: www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...