Wednesday 1 January 2014

2013 Winners and Losers





I suppose it has to be done, it's good at the end of the year to look back on the successes and failures of the last 12 months and set new goals. I was surprised how much I actually completed this year, but also how few of my goals I achieved. I have felt swamped by work, especially in the latter months of the year and long for a greater sense of balance. How I achieve that I'm not quite sure!


As for creating, I've been quite prolific, but so busy I've not always blogged to the extent I'd like to. I think I've only had one major sewing fail. 
It was just too big and it swamped me, hence I haven't worn it more than about twice, it's in the refashioning pile!

Winners - surprisingly my tailored jacket. It's had quite a lot of wear, although I still haven't blogged about it, despite finishing it weeks ago. I will photograph/ blog about it soon!

Sorbettos. I discovered this pattern late on and have made 3 versions. They are staples in my wardrobe and I wear them all the time.

The Maudella dress, with alterations from zip to button front, I made two polka dot versions and a floral one with a gathered skirt. Haven't worn them much lately as they are definitely summer wear.


Gertie's book has yielded two successes, the pencil skirt and the bow blouse. I also made the Lucinda pencil skirt, by be my goth. It's a great pattern and I need to make another one. 



The jury is still out on the Anna dress, I made a winter wearable muslin, but want to make another version with some minor alterations, will have to see how that goes.

I also created a whole load of drawings and paintings while I recovered from my hip op and raised about £1500 towards my charity trip to China (just another £1500 to go before April).


So goals for the next year. 
1. Get some balance
2. Sew a corset
3. Make trousers
4. Go to China
5. Sell more of my art
6. Create my first pattern
7. Spend some time sorting out the house (my hubby has designated 2014 as the year of DIY)
8. Family holiday to France. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...