Wednesday 10 June 2015

Claire Shaves her Head!




Heads up - I'm going for an extreme haircut.


On the 17th July i'll be shaving my head for charity, I'll be doing this at school and recording it!. I'm raising funds for Cancer Research and Nepal Leprosy Trust.

I've been deeply moved by the events in Nepal recenly and the very real need for long term aid. I have firends who have a long standing relationship with Nepal Leprosy Trust and have spent several year out there working with to support those affected by leprosy and those who are very poor in Nepal. They are there for the long haul and will not just disappear once most people have forgotten about the earthquake.

I've also had friends and family who have suffered from breast cancer, some have made it and some haven't. I have a choice - I can shave my head, my hair is not falling out from the side effects of Chemotherapy, and I am choosing to do this to help those who are going through it. Maybe one day there will be a cure.

https://www.justgiving.com/teams/claireshavesherhead

If you would like to support me you can do so via JustGiving. I have two pages, one for each charity so you can choose who to support.

Nepal Leprosy Trust

JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Cancer Research

JustGiving - Sponsor me now!
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...